Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Artists and Models 2007-The Aftermath






Nocturminal was quite the event.
The Central Terminal was an excellent choice for Artists and Models, and the artists involved certainly ran with it. The thing about it was the space. Running into friends, I found that a lot more tan I thought had never been in the building. Now, having been there for several events, noticed a big difference. It seemed as if the sentiment at other events was that this was a once grand building. What a fantastic past! Oh the things that must have happened here "in the day"!
Nocturminal had a very different feel. Yeah, there are some crumbling walls, the marble floor dull. But there was also an energy that had nothing to do with the past- where people, art and music collide. There was so much to see and experience, that you had to live in the now; perhaps look to the future.
I guess this write up is not about specific installations , although the rep from Butlex Pharmaceuticals (David Butler, above) was kind. He was very informative about their new pill "Resurrecta", and gave us a lovely flyswatter. I digress. I was impressed with many of the installations, but I just can't get over the feeling the they inspired. I don't think I'll ever look at that building in quite the same way...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home