Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Elmwood Arts Festival

Hopefully, this cooler weather can hold out for The Elmwood Avenue Arts Festival, Aug 26th & 27th. I think the big difference between that and the Allentown Art Fest is the "Buffaloness" of it. I did the outdoor art show thing for a few years in the late '90s. I ended up meeting people from all over the country, but not many from the town I was actually in. At the Elmwood fest, that's not the case. Not only are most of the artists from this general area, but there is Cultural Row, which features everything from Buffalo art organizations, to charities. It is very well run, but homey at the same time.
It is a perfect weekend for Buffalo Old Home Week. I think that the festival (as well as the MANY other planned activities) is a great way to let ex-pats know that this is a great town to live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home