Thursday, February 09, 2006

A friend lost


Well folks, when I was younger, I really had no idea where I was heading spiritually. I was a practicing Catholic through my teens, but the more I learned about the history of "the church," and the more I learned about rules and exclusivity, the less I was interested.
A group of friends that I met after I left college in Batavia helped to lead me elsewhere. I became very interested in Wicca. To be brief, it was all inclusive and made a lot of sense.
My friend Kim Wilson (then Kim Cousineau) was a leader in our group. She is a very spiritual being. Like I said, it is all inclusive and we all had a part. Kim led a lot of our circles and celebrations. She taught me a lot - I will never forget her for that.
That's not all, though. She was a good friend to many (human and animal), she was a riot to be around, she was kind and caring. She was talented, both artistically and spiritually. Unfortunately, Kim left this level when she died of cancer yesterday. And for those of us left to do our parts on earth, well, we will miss her.
I truly believe that it was time for her suffering to end. She is in a better place now, and I have a feeling that she'll be looking over all of us. That's the kind of gal she is. Thank you, Kim.

2 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Ali,
Thanks for your words!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Rick cousineau said...

One who has known Kim, will never forget her kindness and specialness. She left lasting impressions on ALL she touched. I will always miss her.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home