Friday, January 20, 2006

Bloggercon II

I must say, I had a ball meeting all the great Buffalo Bloggers last night. It was nice to actually see people that I feel that I already know from their writing. It seemed that a lot of us were thinking that-everyone had this instant sense of community...
We were greeted warmly by the first Jen of the evening, who, just today changed her blog name.
Soon I was telling Jen (All Things), and Kelly stories from the past like were all old friends. Kelly, who I've been told is a big Star Wars fan, and Cliff are some of the only people I know who like Episodes I-III. I always thought that those films (albeit some bad acting) were essential for the story to be told. Thanks guys. Alan was also a trip. Somehow talking about underground parking lots led to small town excitement about Target opening....
And there was Ali whose blog makes him seem like a real sweetheart. Well, he is! And he has some great photos on his blog.
And people we actually knew before the Bloggercon; our Buffalo Spree friends Elizabeth, Ron, and Jim whose spreeblog has pictures of the evening.
All together, it was actually pretty cool to make actual friends, than just to have cyber buddies (though that is fun, too). We're all looking to Jen, 'cause it sounds like she's already planning the next one...
Thanks, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home